Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Chocolate guilt free delight

Chocolate guilt free, is that possible? Well if not taken to the extreme. I ate Jello lo-cal chocolate pudding from time to time, which helped me to lose 60 lbs while satisfying a sweet tooth, no the pudding didn't help me lose the weight, I used this program and I watched my food intake, for excercise I walked. But to satisfy my sweet tooth I ate lo-cal goodies once in a while.

Even tho I ate jello puddings and Cool whip separately I never thought to put them together:
Photo Courtesy of Twig and Thistle 

Not until I read a post on TwigandThistle Blog titled "Guilt Free Mousse" of course her photo's helped to get my attention as well 

Photo from Kraft foods

See what I mean? Got my attention all right. I got to thinking what else other than mousse in a cup could it be used for,  I came up with putting it in a pie crust to make a delicious Chocolate cream pie, instead of putting more cool whip on the top of the pie allow each guest to put a dollop of cream on their individual piece.  Fold two tablespoons of fat free cool whip into 60 calorie pudding gives you a 75 calorie dessert!

Add Banana slices, strawberries, white chocolate pieces, put it in a pretty glass and first put cool whip than the mousse and keep varying it for a pretty presentation. Use it as a filling in cupcakes or a cake, Add Amaretto for a grownup dessert. How about freezing it to make a popsicle. WOW, all this goodness from one inspired idea! Thanks Twig and Thistle! 
Please leave a comment and let us know what other ways this recipe could be used..


2 comments:

  1. yum...this is genius..I'm actually starting the master cleanse tomorrow for 10 days...yikes !
    hope you are having a great long weekend...xo
    Lu
    ps
    I tried to respond to your message directly but you are a 'non reply blogger' :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lu, I finally fixed the "no-reply" blogger so please feel free to answer my ques. THANK YOU!! xo Terri

    ReplyDelete

We Love to read your comments, send some comment love and we will comment back on your blog!