Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Resolution for 2012

One resolution I made for 2012 is to redecorate our furniture and our home. I get inspiration from Becca's blog "Adventures in decorating". She posts some awesome before and after pictures. Becca uses a lot of Anne Sloan's Chalk paint.
Chalk paint

She used "Old White" and "Chateaux Gray".

See her before and after pictures, the following is one of my favorites......Look at the dramatic change!

BEFORE

AFTER

Isn't it amazing?
Go to her blog to see the rest of her before and after photo's and get your own inspiration. My concerns are how to use chalk paint,  how long it will last, and if it will chip or not.  I'm also wondering how many coats are needed to cover the object. 

Bottom line is I need to do more research about chalk paint on furniture, walls and all surfaces. If you used the paint I would appreciate comments, tips, suggestions good or bad.

Linking to: petitehermine





3 comments:

  1. Wow, becca's room is quite stylish before AND after! She's got great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fun to have found your kind feature of my sitting room (as well as my obsession with chalk paint). I just had 2 more quarts delivered today ... looking forward to painting with it MORE tomorrow! LOL. You will love it ... please let me know if you try it tou! Thanks again! *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becca, paint is sitting on the floor in craft room, been to busy for craft projects but will start it shortly :)

    ReplyDelete

We Love to read your comments, send some comment love and we will comment back on your blog!